dashboard

RSS

  • Posted in:

    How to get started with a pension

    For a lot of young people, the health of their pension pot is understandably something of an afterthought. With decades to pass before seriously considering retirement, planning the financial logistics of life after work can be daunting.  Thankfully, it has been compulsory for employers to automatically enroll their workers onto a pension scheme since 2012. […]

    Read more

  • Posted in:

    Weekly market update [VIDEO]

    In complex times like these, it is important to not be overwhelmed by the abundance of information and to select and interpret the news we consume. The global response to the coronavirus pandemic has seen governments inject, in many cases, unprecedented stimulus packages into their economies. The result has been potentially disorientating fluctuations in valuations […]

    Read more

  • Posted in:

    Tech update: In-app chat, private mode and more

    We’re always looking for ways to improve the technology that our users have at their disposal. Whether it’s responding to investor feedback, ideas for new features, or just tweaks to existing ones, the Moneyfarm app is only getting better. Here are the latest updates to our platform and how they’ll improve your experience: Private view […]

    Read more

  • Posted in:

    We’ve rebalanced our portfolios

    The last few months have seen risky assets rally sharply. Policy from central banks has managed to mitigate the impact of coronavirus and bolstered expectations for corporate earnings and corporate solvency. Data from the US and China support the forecast of a 2021 rebound.  Of course, uncertainty in the markets remains high, though we do […]

    Read more

  • Posted in:

    Why you might be sitting on too much cash

    Sitting on cash has, historically, been a fairly safe bet. Cash savings are protected from the fluctuations seen in the stocks and shares market, while choosing to not invest means that more of your wealth is available for emergencies or big purchases.  So long as interest rates keep up with inflation, cash savings will hold […]

    Read more

  • Posted in:

    What is pension drawdown?

    When thinking about your retirement, one of the key decisions to make is in the type of pension you want to take out.  You can usually take up to 25% of your pension savings as a tax-free lump sum when you hit retirement, while the remaining 75% can then be accessed in a few different […]

    Read more

  • Posted in:

    Should I consolidate my pensions?

    On average, a worker in the UK changes their employer every five years. Gone are the days of remaining in the same role for decades, a social shift driven by young people entering the workforce with fundamentally different attitudes to work than generations past. Job hopping tends to slow down in times of recession but, […]

    Read more

  • Posted in:

    How are your investments actually performing?

    With the new tax year getting underway as many people find themselves in varying states of lockdown, now is an ideal time to tackle some often overlooked pieces of financial admin. For those with existing investments or those looking to invest, assessing your choice of wealth manager can be one of these. We recently published […]

    Read more